top of page

I need support and I need it now

If you are beginning or in the middle of your divorce proceedings and your spouse is not providing you support you are entitled to, your attorney will draft a pendente lite motion. This motion will ask the court to determine if you are entitled to temporary support throughout the pendency of your divorce.

At the conclusion of a divorce the support numbers are all calculated and either agreed upon or determined at trial. However, there are many individuals who need support immediately or their divorce is not as simple and will take longer so they need assistance on a temporary basis. A pendente lite motion will allow you a chance to explain your situation to the judge and allow the judge to make a decision based upon the law.

15 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page