top of page


There may be a situation where you have cases pending in both Family Court and Supreme Court due to the filing of a Family Court Petition and a divorce or post judgment action in Supreme Court. It is a waste of judicial resources to have the same issues pending before two different judges and courts so it is important you hire an attorney who can put forth a Motion to Consolidate which, if granted by the judge in the Supreme Court, will consolidate the Family Court matter with the Supreme Court matter and all issues will be heard in the Supreme Court. As long as the issues presented in Family Court can be heard in the Supreme Court, the Supreme Court judge will consolidate all of those matters into one index number to all be dealt with together.

12 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page