top of page

Both names are on our house, what do we do now?

If both names are on the marital residence, once the divorce is finalized there will need to be a deed transfer that occurs to remove one of the spouses name if the parties are not choosing to sell their house. In order to do so there has to be a deed drafted that provides the title will be transferred from both spouses to just one spouse. Your tax documents will have to be provided to your attorney so they can draft the transfer documents and once the clerk files the new deed with the county the property will be solely in the one spouse’s name. This is a simple process that can be done by providing your attorney with your current deed and tax bill and they will take care of the rest.

20 views0 comments


bottom of page