top of page

Can I modify my Stipulation of Settlement once it is already signed?

Sometimes circumstances arise where a spouse may wonder if they can modify their Stipulation of Settlement. If a spouse is simply looking to modify the terms of their agreement they can file an Order to Show Cause with the court. In this Order to Show Cause, that spouse must prove that there has been a substantial change in circumstances that warrant a modification. The court will review the Order to Show Cause and determine if there was such a change in which that party deserves a modification based on the current circumstances.

9 views0 comments


bottom of page